Video and audio files are supported by different file formats depending on the browser and operating system used:
- OGG Video
Providing video and audio files in all of these formats is very important as different browsers and OS support different formats. If you don't have video conversion software installed, you can convert the files online using http://www.online-convert.com/.
Recommended video standards and best practices
- Use 16:9 aspect ratio to fit most commonly used screens,
- If your users have a limited bandwidth or you want minimize the filesize of the SCORM package (e.g. for mLibro usage) use e.g. 960 x 540 resolution,
- Otherwise 1280 x 720 is recommended,
- For most caset setting an automatic encoding parameters is enough, but if you want to maximize the optimization you can use VBR encoding and experiment with lowering the compression until the quality starts to visibly become lower. Usually 1Mbps provides good enough quality and minimal filesize but it really depens on the content of the video materials. For simple vector graphics you can try setting 500Kbps or even less,
- For audio settings we recommend to use AAC encoder, 44kHz and 128Kbps for maximum optimization.